With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Midnight Cobalt On Running Mens Cloud X Textile Synthetic Trainers
- ALWAYS ME Woman shoes Summer Tassel Flock Sandals Fringe Sandal Heels Thick High Heels Sandals Sandalias
- Flag Map Of Sweden Women'S Casual Canvas Shoulder Bag For Work Big Shopping Bag
- Sammitop Women's Pointed Toe High Heel Pumps T-Strap Dress shoes 12cm Stilettos Heels
- Fashio Canvas shoes for Women Kiwi Eyes Fruit Funny Casual shoes
- JiYe Men's & Women's Running shoes Lightweight Mesh Outdoor Jogging Fashion Sneaker
- LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes Men'S shoes Spring Casual Tide shoes Dress shoes Men'S Fashion Large Size Pointed shoes
- Puma Men's Ferrari Future Cat Sneaker
- Fretz Man Men’s 6102.9616-51 Classic Lace-Up Half shoes
- Miyoopark LS0653 Women's Peep Toe colorful Crystals Bridal Wedding Sandals
- Party Party SERA1398.3870 Comfort Evening Dress Pump, Wedding shoes Women Ballroom Dance shoes High-Medium Heel, Salsa, Tango, Latin, Swing Salsa Tango Swing Latin
- Hollow Coarse Sandals High-Heeled Shallow Mouth Pointed Baotou shoes Work shoes Wome,
- Baffin Women's Chloe Snow Boots
- STEVEN by Steve Madden Women's Silvya Pump
- WHL.LL Hollow Fish Mouth Cool Boots with Open Toe High Heels Roman shoes Sexy Stiletto shoes Heeled Sandals(Heel Height 6-8cm)
- WELMEE Women's Men's Comfortable Breathable Walking Sneakers Jogging Athletic Tennis Running shoes
- Men's shoes 2018 Winter New Middle and Old Dad Business Leather shoes Casual High-Top Men shoes Plus Velvet to Keep Warm Work shoes,A,39
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Square Toe Chunky Heel colorful Handmade Embroidered Dress Ankle Boots
- New Balance Womens Fusev1 Metal Fast Pitch Softball shoes
- Firetrap Wesley Ankle Boots Mens Brown shoes Footwear
- Jack & Jones Men's Jfwradley Fusion Leather White STS Low-Top Sneakers
- Nike Men's's Quest Running shoes
- Steve Madden Mens Candyd Candyd
- Lotto Leggenda Tokyo Shibuya, Men’s Gymnastics shoes
- Core Black Core Black Running White Adidas ORIGINALS Men's Stan Smith shoes
- goldpink pinkgold Milton Sandals - shoes
- Sam Edelman Women's Linnie Mule
- Classic Floral Print Hi Top Women Sneaker Lace Up Platform shoes US 6
- Woman's Bohemia Fabric Strappy Thong Flip Flops Ethnic Style Backless Sandals Summer Lady Flats
- Clarks Men's Beblack Race Driving Style Loafer
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Oil Painting Summer Paris City Landscape Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Ipdterty Wear-Resistant Sports Sneaker Astronomy Galaxy Star Moon Women's Breathable Track Running shoes
- PopStore Women's Classic Ballet Flat shoes Square Toe Slip On Ballerina Ballet Flats shoes
- Longbao Women Genuine Leather shoes Women Flips Flops shoes Woman Low Heeled Ladies Slippers Sandals
- Rieker Women Loafers Pink, (pink) 51946-31
- Clarks Womens Laureti Grace Heeled Sandal
- I35 Elsah dOrsay Peep-Toe Flats, Black Suede, 6.5 W US
- Charles by Charles David Womens Alda Pump
- MERUMOTE Women's Knee Boots Leather Thin Heels shoes Dress Party Winter Knee High Boots
- Rebel by ZIGI Nanon Ankle Boots, Wine Velvet, 6 US
- Avec Les Filles Carly Women's Heels, Midnight Navy, Size 9.0
- CCILU Women's Boots, Diffusion Doris Rain Boots
- YaNanHome Canvas shoe Boat shoes Men's shoes canvas shoes summer breathable board shoes men's casual shoes low to help the Korean style cloth shoes (color Dark bluee, Size 39)
- Manz Men's Mali Ago G Derbys
- Men's Sneakers Leather Slip Running shoes
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.